“Liberty in a free and democratic society does not require the state to approve the personal decisions made by it’s citizens; it does, however, require the state to respect them” Bertha Wilson
Bertha Wilson is appointed the first woman to sit on the Supreme Court of Canada.
Bertha Wrenham Wilson CC FRSC was a Canadian jurist and the first female Puisne Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada.
Bertha Wilson – Canadian Jurist- Associated Links:
- Bertha Wilson | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Bertha-Wilson
- Bertha Wilson | The Canadian Encyclopedia: http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/bertha-wilson/
- Bertha Wilson | Supreme Court of Canada: http://www.scc-csc.ca/judges-juges/bio-eng.aspx?id=bertha-wilson
- Bertha Wilson Biography | Yale University: http://gruber.yale.edu/justice/bertha-wilson
- “Bertha Wilson becomes the first woman appointed to the Supreme Court” | Canadian Museum of History: http://gruber.yale.edu/justice/bertha-wilson
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.