Bertha Benz drives round trip from Mannheim to Pforzheim in the first long distance automobile trip.
Bertha Benz was a German automotive pioneer. She was the business partner and wife of automobile inventor Karl Benz. In 1888, she was the first person to drive an automobile over a long distance.
Bertha Benz – German business partner – Associated Links:
- Aug 12, 1888: Road Trip@ Berta Takes the Benz | Wired: https://www.wired.com/2010/08/0812berta-benz-first-road-trip/
- Bertha Benz – the woman at the wheel of the first ever road trip | The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/bertha-benz-woman-wheel-first-ever-road-trip/
- Bertha Benz and the First-Ever Road Trip | Mental Floss: http://mentalfloss.com/article/63226/bertha-benz-and-first-ever-road-trip
- Bertha Benz Hits the Road | History.com: http://www.history.com/news/bertha-benz-hits-the-road
- Bertha Benz | Mercedes- Benz: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/classic/bertha-benz/
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.