“We will not have failure – only success and new learning.” Queen Victoria
The coronation of Queen Victoria took place, just over a year after she succeeded to the throne of the United Kingdom at the age of 18. She would reign for 63 years and 7 months.
Victoria was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from 20 June 1837 until her death. On 1 May 1876, she adopted the additional title of Empress of India.
Victoria – Queen of the United Kingdom – Associated Links:
- Queen Victoria ascension to the throne | History in an Hour: http://www.historyinanhour.com/2014/06/20/queen-victorias-accession-throne/
- Queen Victoria’s Ascension to the British Throne | The Enchanted Throne: http://theenchantedmanor.com/tag/queen-victorias-ascension-to-the-british-throne/
- Queen Victoria | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/queen-victoria-9518355
- Queen Victoria: The woman who redefined Britain’s monarchy | BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/timelines/ztn34j6
- Queen Victoria – British History | HISTORY.com: http://www.history.com/topics/british-history/queen-victoria
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Queen Victoria | History in the Headlines: http://www.history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-queen-victoria
- The young Queen Victoria’s struggle to gain the throne | History Extra: http://www.historyextra.com/article/premium/young-queen-victoria-struggle-for-the-throne
- Victoria (1837-1901) | The Royal Family: https://www.royal.uk/victoria-r-1837-1901
- The Monarchs: Queen Victoria (18370 1901)- The Grandmother of Europe | The Anglotopia Magazine: https://www.anglotopia.net/british-history/british-empire/monarchs-queen-victoria-1837-1901/
- Queen Victoria | British Heritage: https://britishheritage.com/queen-victoria/
- Queen Victoria | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Victoria-queen-of-United-Kingdom
- Queen Victoria | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/queen_victoria
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.