“I tell them that the most important aspect is to be yourself and have confidence in yourself. I remind them the triumph can’t be had without the struggle.” Wilma Rudolph
Wilma Rudolph American Track and Field Athlete was born.
Wilma Glodean Rudolph was an American sprinter from Clarksville, Tennessee, who became a world-record-holding Olympic champion and international sports icon in track and field following her successes in the 1956 and 1960 Olympic Games.
She was the first American woman to win three Golf Medals in Track & Field in a single Olympics.
Wilma Rudolph – Track and Field Athlete – Associated Links:
- Wilma Rudolph | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/wilma-rudolph-9466552
- Wilma Rudolph | Olympic Athletics: https://www.olympic.org/wilma-rudolph
- Wilma Rudolph | ESPN: https://www.espn.com/sportscentury/features/00016444.html
- “Wilma Rudolph at Rome 1960 -Epic Olympic Moments” | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPVdpJZJi-o
- “Wilma Rudolph’s Incredible Career – Olympic Records” | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqI8NyZtCmo
- Wilma Rudolph | Amazing Women in History: http://www.amazingwomeninhistory.com/wilma-rudolph-olympic-gold-medalist-civil-right-pioneer/
- Wilma Rudolph | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Wilma-Rudolph
- Wilma Rudolph | USATF Hall of Fame: https://www.usatf.org/HallOfFame/TF/showBio.asp?HOFIDs=141
- “Finding Wonder Woman in Wilma Rudolph” | ESPN: http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/14844130/finding-wonder-woman-wilma-rudolph-black-history-month-essay
- Wilma Rudolph | Quotes | ThoughtCo: https://www.thoughtco.com/wilma-rudolph-quotes-3530190
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.