“I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.” Nadia Comaneci
Nadia Comaneci becomes the first person in Olympic Games history to score a perfect 10 in gymnastics at the Summer Olympics
Nadia Comaneci is a Romanian former gymnast and a five-time Olympic gold medalist. Comăneci is the first gymnast to be awarded a perfect score of 10.0 at the Olympic Games, and then, at the same Games (1976, Montreal) she received six more perfect 10s as well as winning three gold medals. She won two more gold medals and attained two more perfect 10s at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow.
- “Perfect 10 for Nadia – July 18, 1976” | Sports History Today: http://www.sportshistorytoday.com/perfect-10-nadia-july-18-1976/
- “On this day- July 18, 1976 – Nadia Comaneci scores perfect 10 in gymnastics” | Sport360 – http://sport360.com/article/other/39641/day-july-18-1976-nadia-comaneci-scores-first-perfect-10-gymnastics/
- “50 Stunning Olympic Moments No. 5 Nadia Comaneci scores a perfect 10” | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/london-2012-olympics-blog/2011/dec/14/50-olympic-moments-nadia-comaneci
- Nadia Comaneci – First Perfect 10 Montreal 1976 Olympics | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_5xbd5xdE
- Nadia Comaneci | Quotes: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/nadia_comaneci
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.