Vigdis Finnbogadottir Former President of Iceland is born.
Vigdís Finnbogadóttir served as the fourth President of Iceland from 1 August 1980 to 1996. She was the world’s first democratically directly elected female president.
Vigdis Finnbogadottir – Former President of Iceland – Associated Links:
- Vigdís Finnbogadóttir | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vigdis-Finnbogadottir
- Vigdís Finnbogadóttir |Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/vigd%C3%ADs-finnbogadóttir-37420
- Vigdís Finnbogadóttir | Women’s International Center: http://www.wic.org/bio/finnboga.htm
- Vigdís Finnbogadóttir | World Economic Forum: http://www.wef.org.in/fru-vigdis-finnbogadottir/
- “Coffee With a Woman Who Changed Iceland” | Onward: http://onward.nationalgeographic.com/2013/10/24/coffee-with-a-woman-who-changed-iceland/
- “Vigdis Finnbogadóttir: Founding Chair, President, Iceland (1980-1996)” | United Nations Foundation: http://www.unfoundation.org/features/cwwl-bios/cwwl-leadership/Vigdis-Finnbogadottir.html
- “There’s proof: electing women radically improves life for mothers and families” |The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/06/iceland-women-government-better-for-mothers-america-lessons
- “History: The world’s first democratically elected female president” | Iceland Monitor: https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/politics_and_society/2016/11/08/history_the_world_s_first_democratically_elected_fe/
- Vigdis Finnbogadóttir | Quotes: https://www.quoteikon.com/vigdis-finnbogadottir-quotes.html
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.