“Whether you’re in government or the private sector, we should be just as diverse as the community that we represent.” Catherine Cortez
Catherine Cortez becomes the first Latina to serve in the U.S. Senate.
Catherine Marie Cortez Masto is an American attorney and politician serving as the junior United States Senator from Nevada since 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, she previously served as the 32nd Attorney General of Nevada.
- Catherine Masto | Official Site: https://www.cortezmasto.senate.gov
- Catherine Masto | Twitter: https://twitter.com/CatherineForNV?lang=en
- Catherine Masto | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SenatorCortezMasto/
- Catherine Masto | Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/catherine-cortez-masto-111116
- Catherine Masto | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Catherine-Cortez-Masto
- Catherine Masto | Library of Congress: https://www.congress.gov/member/catherine-cortez-masto/C001113
- “Catherine Cortez Masto Wins Nevada to Become First Latina Senator” | The New York TImes: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/politics/nevada-senate-catherine-cortez-masto.html
- “Congrats! Nevada’s Catherine Cortez Masto Makes History As the First Latina Senator” | Latina: http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/politics/catherine-cortez-masto-wins-nevada-first-latina-senator
- “”It’s About Time’: Catherine Cortez Masto, 1st Latina U.S. Senator Sworn In” | NBC News: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/it-s-about-time-catherine-cortez-masto-1st-latina-u-n702691
- “Senator Catherine Cortez Mastro on smashing barriers and zingers” | CNN Politics: https://www.congress.gov/member/catherine-cortez-masto/C001113
- “Catherine Cortez Masto: 5 Things to Know About First Latina Senator” | People.com: http://people.com/politics/catherine-cortez-masto-5-things-to-know
- Catherine Cortez | Quotes: http://www.azquotes.com/author/95330-Catherine_Cortez_Masto
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.