Susan La Flesche Native American Physician is born.
Susan La Flesche Picotte was an Omaha Native American doctor and reformer in the late 19th century. She is widely acknowledged as the first Native American to earn a medical degree.
Susan La Flesche Picotte – Physician – Associated Links:
- Susan La Flesche Picotte| Biography: https://www.biography.com/people/susan-la-flesche-picotte-9440355
- Susan La Flesche Biography | Changing the Face of Medicine: https://cfmedicine.nlm.nih.gov/physicians/biography_253.html
- “6 Facts About Native American Trailblazer Susan La Flesche Picotte” | Biography: https://www.biography.com/news/susan-la-flesche-picotte-biography-facts
- “Remembering the First Native American Woman Doctor” | HISTORY: https://www.biography.com/people/susan-la-flesche-picotte-9440355
- “Susan La Flesche Picotte, first Native American doctor, turned down fame but earned place in history” | Live Well Nebraska: http://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/hansen-susan-la-flesche-picotte-first-native-american-doctor-turned/article_218af825-5f19-5088-a1ba-2e6bebc2e2c6.html
- “Susan La Flesche legacy lives on” | Native Daughters: http://cojmc.unl.edu/nativedaughters/healers/susan-la-flesches-legacy-lives-on
- “First Native American Physician 1889” | Nebraska Studies: http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0600/stories/0603_0100.html
- Susan La Flesche Picotta – First Native Physician” | Legends of America: https://www.legendsofamerica.com/na-susanlafleschepicotte/
- Biographies of Plains Indians, Susan La Flesche 1885-1915 | American Indian Relief Council: http://www.nativepartnership.org/site/PageServer?pagename=airc_bio_susanlaflesche
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.