“Women control 70 percent of global consumer spending . . . when women do better, economies do better.” Christine Lagarde
Christine Lagarde becomes the first woman to be appointed to the helm of the International Monetary Fund.
Christine Madeleine Odette Lagarde is a French lawyer and politician who has been the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund since July 5, 2011.
Her appointment is the 11th consecutive appointment of a European to head the IMF. In 2014, Lagarde was ranked the 5th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes magazine. She was re-elected by consensus for a second five-year term, starting 5 July 2016, being the only candidate nominated for the post of managing director. In 2017 Forbes ranked her Number 8 on their World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list.
Christine Lagarde – Lawyer – Associated Links:
- Christine Lagarde | Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lagarde
- Christine Lagarde | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/christinelagarde/
- Christine Lagarde | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christinelagarde/
- Christine Lagarde | Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Christine-Lagarde
- Christine Lagarde | IMF Blog: https://blogs.imf.org/bloggers/christine-lagarde/
- Christine Lagarde | The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/topic/person/christine-lagarde
- Christine Lagarde | The Guardian: https://www.nytimes.com/topic/person/christine-lagarde
- “Profile: Christine Lagarde, ‘rock star’ head of the IMF” | BBC News: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-13452436
- “Christine Lagarde: Changing of the Guard” | Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/article/christine-lagarde-changing-of-the-guard
- “Is this the world’s sexiest woman (and the most powerful)?” | The Guardian” https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/17/christine-lagarde-worlds-sexiest-woman
- “Work life balance? Christine Lagarde made sacrifices” | Miami Herald: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/worklifebalancingact/2011/07/work-life-balance-christine-lagarde-made-sacrifices.html
- Christine Lagarde | Quotes: http://www.azquotes.com/author/8399-Christine_Lagarde
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.