Lucy Wills Physician is born.
Lucy Wills, LRCP was a leading English haematologist and physician researcher. She conducted significant research in India in the late 1920s and early 1930s on macrocytic anaemia of pregnancy. Macrocytic anaemia is characterized by enlarged red blood cells and is life-threatening.
Lucy Wills – Physician – Associated Links:
- Lucy Wills (1888-1964) | The James Lind Library: https://www.jameslindlibrary.org/articles/lucy-wills-1888-1964-the-life-and-research-of-an-adventurous-independent-woman/
- Lucy Wills | History of Scientific Women: https://scientificwomen.net/women/wills-lucy-138
Lucy Wills – Physician – Related Articles:
- “The life and research of an adventurous independent woman” James Lind Library
- “This Week in Scientific History – Marmite as medicine” | Varsity
- “The History of Folic Acid” | British Journal Haematology
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.