Maya Reis Gabeira Brazilian big wave surfer is born.
She is most known for having surfed a 73.5 ft/22,4 m high wave in Nazare, Portugal in February 2020, recorded by Guinness World Records as the biggest wave ever surfed by a female. She also held the previous record of 68 ft/20,8 m established in January 2018.
Maya Reis Gabeira – Surfer- Associated Links:
Maya Reis Gabeira – Surfer – Related Links
- “Maya Gabeira: 35 little-known facts about the Brazilian big wave surfer” | SurferToday
- “Maya Gabeira: The extreme surfer who went back to tame a monstrous wave” | BBC Sport
- “Maya Gabeira Takes a Breath” | Outside Online
- “This Woman Surfed the Biggest Wave of the Year” | The Atlantic
- “Brazilian surfer Maya Gabeira breaks own world record for largest wave surfed by a Woman” | CBS Sports
On October 29, 2013
September 10, 2020
Disclaimer: This content was prepared by the author in her personal capacity. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, opinion, or position of their employer.”