“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” Anaïs Nin
Anaïs Nin was a French-Cuban American diarist, essayist, novelist, and writer of short stories and erotica is born.
Angela Anaïs Juana Antolina Rosa Edelmira Nin y Culmell, known professionally as Anaïs Nin was a French-Cuban American diarist, essayist, novelist, and writer of short stories and erotica. Born to Cuban parents in France, Nin was the daughter of composer Joaquín Nin and Rosa Culmell, a classically trained singer.
Born to Cuban parents, Anais Nin – sensitive, magnetic, fashionable- was raised in Europe and New York. As an adult in Paris, she forged a fluid new literature of female consciousness. Much has been made of her erotica, but her chief artistry is in her non lurid works. Nin’s fiction and her masterpiece – a lifelong diary – explore the fractured self, her complicated feelings for her father, psychoanalysis, love, and. adventures of all sorts.
Anaïs Nin – Writer – Associated Links:
- Anaïs Nin | Britannica
- Anaïs Nin | The Anas Nin Foundation
- Anaïs Nin | Goodreads
- Anaïs Nin | Homepage
- Anaïs Nin | Blog
- Anaïs Nin | Fantastic Fiction
- Anais Nin | Facebook
Anaïs Nin – Writer – Related Articles:
- “The Diary of Anaïs Nin: Vol 1: 1931-1934” | Amazon
- “The Wild, Impassioned World of Anaïs Nin’s Diary” | Literary Hub
- “Anis Nin on Writing, the Future of the Novel, and How Keeping a Diary Enhances Creativity: Wisdom from a Rare 1947 Chapbook” |Brainpickings