Empress Dowager Cixi Empress Dowager of Qing Dynasty was born.
Empress Dowager Cixi, of the Manchu Yehe Nara clan, was a Chinese empress dowager and regent who effectively controlled the Chinese government in the late Qing dynasty for 47 years from 1861 until her death in 1908.
Dowager Cixi – Empress – Associated Links:
- Cixi | Biography | Britannica
- Empress Dowager Cixi | New World Encyclopedia
- “Empress Dowager Cixi, Her Lovers and Attempted Reforms” | Facts and Details:
Dowager Cixi – Empress – Related Articles:
- “Cixi, the controversial empress dowager who modernized China” | National Geographic
- “Cixi: The Woman Behind the Throne” | Smithsonian
- “Empress Dowager Cixi: The Concubine Who Launched Modern China by Jung Chang”| The Guardian
- “The Death of Empress Cixi” |History Today
- “Cixi, the Last Empress Dowager of China” | Smithsonian Institution
- “Empress Dowager Cixi” | ChinaFile
- “Was this Powerful Chinese Empress a Feminist Trailblazer?” | The New York Times