“Feminism is not anti-male;; Feminism is anti-sexism”bell hooks
Gloria Jean Watkins, better known by her pen name bell hooks, American author, professor, feminist, and social activist was born.
The name “bell hooks” is borrowed from her maternal great-grandmother, Bell Blair Hooks.
The focus of hooks’ writing was the intersectionality of race, capitalism, and gender, and what she described as their ability to produce and perpetuate systems of oppression and class domination. She published more than 30 books and numerous scholarly articles, appeared in documentary films, and participated in public lectures. Her work addressed race, class, gender, art, history, sexuality, mass media, and feminism.
Also an academic, she taught at institutions including Stanford University, Yale University, and The City College of New York, before in 2004 joining Berea College in Berea, Kentucky, where a decade later she founded the bell hooks Institute. (Wikipedia)
“As long as women are using class or race power to dominate other women, feminist sisterhood cannot be fully realized.”bell hooks
bell hooks – Associated Links:
- bell hooks | bell hooks institute
- bell hooks | Britannica
- bell hooks/Gloria Jean Watkins | Blackpast
- bell hooks | ThoughtCo
- bell hooks fan page | @bellhooks| twitter
- bell hooks | Encyclopedia of World Biography
- bell hooks | Famous African Americans
- bell hooks | Britannica School High
- bell hooks | goodreads quotes
- bell hooks | goodreads. | books by bell hooks
bell hooks – Related Articles:
- “Big Thinker: Who is bell hooks?” | The Ethics Centre
- “10 Essential Bell Hooks Books” | Oprah
- “How the Black Scholar bell hooks Touched Feminists Everywhere” | The New York Times
- “How bell hooks Paved the Way for Intersectional Feminism” | them.
- “Living simply makes love simple’: bell hooks’ quotes on love, relationships, and feminism” | USA Today